Friday, October 2, 2009

Halloo!!!



I'm kind of curious where everybody stands today.  I have three cable repeats and a border to go on the Every Way Wrap.  I'm dead on with gauge and have to say, I love this yarn (Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran).  The only thing I've ever made with this before were Fetching mitts.  This yarn would make a gorgeous Aran sweater, or a scrumptious Great American Aran Afghan.  It  was born for Aran stitch patterns.

So Rose, did you repair your wonky stitches?  Or did you frog? Or did you just figure the hell with it?   You probably won't have a chance to reply before heading to see U2 (I'm so jealous).

Did Jane finally get the circs she needed to cast on?

Is Stephanie contemplating her next project already, or is she in the throes of the testy part of her cardigan?

Enquiring minds want to know.

I'm back to work after my short break.  Last night wasn't so bad, but it's rainy and gloomy today.  In short, not a great day to be a hospice nurse working out of her car.  At least after tonight, the weekend is here.  I feel positively spoiled with all this time off.

6 comments:

Stephanie V said...

Well! I'm at what should be a non-testy part but last night it just didn't look right. I looked up the errata - which I had done at the beginning - but there was nothing new. I checked ravelry for hints and no one else seemed to be disturbed by what I think is a wrong instruction. So, clearly, I am in need of a timeout, too. I cast on a pair of socks to soothe my fevered mind. I'll look at it again over the weekend. I do have a wee goal of having the sweater done by next weekend.

Jane said...

I've done the rib-twice-before I got too ill to do anything. Finally, after a week, I am beginning to feel as if my brain is working again and should get back to knitting this week. Thankfully, this is chunky and should knit up quickly

Rose said...

Hello all! I followed Steph's advice and went at the mistake with a crochet hook. Ready to move on now. Can't wait to see photos of Rudee's wrap and Steph's cardi. Steph, I hope you're keeping notes so I can benefit from your trailblazing!

Stephanie V said...

I saw the photo on your blog this morning...looks like it mended very nicely. Those mistake things can really hang us up, can't they?

I'm halfway through my sock now but I think I've figured out what's wrong. I'll try it out today. If I'm right, I have to wonder why no one has commented on this. But it's only a theory so I could be wrong. So far, my cardi doesn't look too interesting - just pieces of a plain blue sweater.

Rudee said...

Rose--I'm so glad you were able to fix the stitch! It would have made you crazy in the end.

Steph--sock knitting always clears the cobwebs, doesn't it? The whole time you were making the sock, you were problem solving for something else. Too cool.

Jane--I'm sorry you're sick. I hope it wasn't the flu.

kanishk said...

I followed Steph's advice and went at the mistake with a crochet hook. Ready to move on now. Can't wait to see photos of Rudee's wrap and Steph's cardi. Steph,

Domain registration india