Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Home Stretch

I'm on the final border of the shawl where I noticed a wonky stitch on the side--and not the side that would have the buttons, but the buttonhole side where it'll show. Darn it. It was from where I joined a new ball of yarn and don't ask me how I did this, but I wrapped a loop around 3 stitches. Unfortunately, it looks irreparable, so I'm going to frog it back to the scene of the crime.

Philosophically speaking, it wouldn't be a perfect project if a little tinking wasn't involved. It's only 225 stitches back...

And that new ball of yarn I added on? It had a knot in the middle. I hate that. When we pay so much for yarn, I expect it to be perfect, don't you?

4 comments:

Stephanie V said...

Yeas, I do hate that. My lovely yarn had some funny bits that, in a fit of temper, I knit right through. I don't think they'll make a difference because the pockets go over those bits.

I have started knitting again and have one pocket done. That paralyzing error was all in my mind. I won't go through how my brain was working - or not. Let's just say that I'm glad that the instructions are so elaborately written. When I finally realized I could compare right and left, it all became clear. Next?!

Jane said...

I find it very frustrating, they always seem to appear right at the most inopportune time.

Stephanie V said...

I forgot to tell you how nice that wrap looks. Maybe the snuggle factor isn't welcome now but it will be - soon.

kanishk said...

I don't think they'll make a difference because the pockets go over those bits.

Domain registration india